UWC Research + Development Assistant
Request for Qualification
For 10 years, Up With Community has been engaging community partners in transformational experiences of power and love to build greater creativity, impact and freedom in the movements, communities and teams we serve.
In 2024 we are moving to synthesize our learning and engage in continuous learning more deeply and widely throughout our networks. We are seeking a R+D Assistant to help us improve both our internal systems and external materials for expanding power and love in the field.
This role would work directly with Nico – co-creating tools and infrastructure by:
- providing thought partnership in expanding our community of practice and learning relationships,
- creating case studies of client work,
- writing summaries of books or resources,
- creating and posting social media content and managing the social media calendar,
- updating and organizing existing client servicing tools and materials,
- co-creating new client serving tools,
- updating content on the website and beyond to support Up With Community through its current phase of growth.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Experience coaching and/or project experience on organizational development and/or capacity building work.
- Foundational understanding of racial equity work.
- Experience with content creation such as case studies, book reviews/summaries, 1-2 page tool handouts.
- Experience with content creation for various social media platforms, using Canva or similar tools.
- Strong written communications.
- Some library skills such as cataloging and archiving.
- Collaborative communication, self-motivation.
- Interest in systems and processes.
- Attention to detail for some administrative tasks.
Remote Position beginning February 2024
20 hrs/mo @ $40-50/hr / $800-1,000/mo – Open to discussion on compensation commensurate with experience.
About Up With Community
Up With Community is a consulting practice led by Nico Chin providing transformative experiences of power and love that improve teams’ creativity, impact and freedom. Up With Community’s work follows a communal coaching model, creating adult learning at the intersection of strategic thinking, team building and equity and racial justice.
Please send either a video or google doc with your information and responses to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please use subject line: UWC R+D APPLICATION [YOUR NAME]
We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis on January 2nd:
- Phone Number
- Website or Linked In
- Why are you interested in this role?
- Please share your definition of power. Please share your definition of love. (It’s Ok if they are works in progress, just share where you are at).
- Please share about your experience with coaching, organizational development projects and/or capacity building.
- Please share about your experience and interest in equity and racial justice.
- Can you tell me about your content creation experience? What have you done and what do you enjoy doing?
- Anything else you would like me to know about you?
- Do you have any questions about the role or about UWC?
I will be back online January 2nd and can respond to questions when I return. I will be doing interviews starting the week of January 22nd, and continue them on a rolling basis.
Thank you for considering this position, and I look forward to connecting in the New Year if this opportunity is of interest to you.